Popular Visas

Permanent Skilled Visa Subclass 189

It is always easier to complete a short assessment form for quick feedback.


To apply for this visa, you will need to:

  • Be between 18 and 45 years when you make the application
  • Have a qualification under the Occupation List
  • Have your skills and qualification(s) assessed by the relevant Australian authorities
  • Have 60 points based on the Australian immigration point based system
  • Have an English level equivalent to score 6 on the IELTS or any other English test required for migration to Australia.


This is a permanent visa that lets you live and work in Australia indefinitely. After four years you can apply for citizenship. Under normal conditions, you will receive your citizenship certificate nearly a year after you lodge your citizenship application.


  • Processing time: Department of Home Affairs normally updates the average processing time of visa applications. Please click here to have a quick look.



There are a few different services that you may need to pay for before making the application;

  • Translations: If your documents are not in English, they all need to be translated. The best way to get an idea about the fees would be contacting accredited translators to get a quote. It is not a bad idea to search for a NAATI accredited translator first.
  • Assessment: All your qualifications need to be assessed. If you don’t know who the assessing authority for your qualification or occupation is, you can always refer to the Occupation List published by the Department of Home Affairs. The assessing authority is listed on the far right column of the list. A quick search on the website of the relevant assessing organization gives you a rough estimate of how much you need to spend on the assessment of your qualifications.
  • Government charges: How much you need to pay as your visa application charge depends on the number of applicants. For instance a single person would pay $3670 but a family of four including two children under the age of 18 may pay AUD 7,345.00 (Valid in May 2018)

$3,670 (for the main applicant) + $1835 (for the spouse) + $920(for child A) + $920 (for child B)

You can also click here for a quick estimation of the visa application charge.

  • Migration Agent fees: There is no set fee for migration agents. They might charge you hourly or a lump sum. It also depends on the number of applicants and whether they need to have their skills assessed or not. The best way is to contact migration agents individually and ask for a detailed information.


Subclass 489

Also known as Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 489)

This is a temporary skilled category visa under Skilled Migration Scheme with points system. There are three pathways to this visa subclass. We focus on the invited pathway here.First of all, you need to have certain qualifications available on the current Occupation List published by the Department of Home Affairs and have relevant work experience. The next step is to take an English test (IELTS, TOEFL, Occupational English Test (OET), Pearson Academic Test of English (PTE), or Cambridge Test of English) to prove your competence in English. You also need to have your skills assessed, and obtain at least 50 points before submitting an expression of interest (EOI).

When your EOI is submitted, you need to wait for an invitation letter to be able to apply for a visa. If you receive an invitation letter, you will be given 60 calendar days to make a visa application after which your EOI expires. It is important to lodge the application within the timeframe since it is not extended.


You can always use the visa application pricing estimator on the Department of Home Affairs website to check the approximate costs. At this time [May 2018] the visa application charge for one person is AUD 3,670.

For professional, translations and assessment fees you will need to contact service providers individually

You can also complete the assessment form and receive a feedback from our experience team




Partner Visa


There are two options for bringing your partner to Australia. Prospective Marriage Visa option which is opened to those not yet married and Partner Visa which is opened to those who are either married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian permanent resident, Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen.For prospective marriage visa, you need to have met your prospective spouse in person with an intention to marry him or her within few months of your arrival in Australia. For partner visa options, you need to prove that you have been in a married or de facto relationship with your partner. In the case of de facto relationship, it needs to have been at least for 12 months.

For all these options, you are expected to prove that the four pillars of your relationship are strong. The Four pillars refer to the following:

  1. Financial aspect of the relationship
  2. Nature of the household
  3. Social aspect of the relationship
  4. The nature of commitment to each other


You can always use the visa application pricing estimator on the Department of Home Affairs website to check the approximate costs. At this time [May 2018] the visa application charge for one person is AUD 7,000 if there is no additional or secondary applicant.

For professional fees, you can contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.


Visitor Visa

In order to obtain this visa, the most important factor is your ability to convince the case officer that you are a genuine visitor. If you have strong ties in your home country, it is likely that you can get a visitor visa.


What may help you get a visitor visa?


  • Previous travel history to Schengen area, North America or Australia
  • Full time employment with reasonable income in your home country
  • Dependent family members who will remain in your country while you are travelling to Australia
  • Assets such as property and reasonable savings in your bank account
  • Letter of invitation and support from family members who are Australian citizens or permanent residents


What may work against your visitor visa application?

  • If your country is considered high risk in terms of the number people who do not return to their home country after their entry to Australia
  • Poor economic circumstances or political upheaval in your country
  • If a member of your family previously entered Australia and did not return home before or on the due date


Passport holders of certain countries do not need to apply for subclass 600. They can instead apply for subclasses 601 or 651.




The visa application charge for all the applicants is AUD 140 except for Frequent Traveller Stream applicants who need to pay AUD 1,020.

Visa application charges are always subject to change. So it is always a good idea to use the visa pricing estimator facility on the Department of Home Affairs website. Please click here to check the most up to date fees.

Student Visa, Subclass 500

You need to satisfy the following criteria to be able to obtain a student visa, subclass 500.

  • Be at least 6 years old
  • Have obtained a certificate of enrolment from an Australian education provider for full time studies
  • Prove that you can support yourself financially during your stay in Australia
  • Be a genuine temporary entrant
  • Meet the required English language criterion
  • Have adequate health cover for the duration of your stay in Australia

These are important but not all the requirements that need to be met in order to obtain a student visa. The main item is the “genuine temporary entrant” criterion. More information is available in the Department of Home Affairs website in case this link is unavailable for any reason.

In simple words, you need to satisfy the case officer of the Department that you have enough financial resources to cover all your expenses for your period of studies. The money that you are relying on should be genuinely available to you.

Processing Time

On average, it takes less than 2 months from the point of lodgement to receive the visa. You can always check the Department website for the approximate processing time of student visa applications. Please click here to have a look or refer to the Department website if the link is not available.



Depending on your circumstances, different sponsorship options may be available. Currently there are three main visa subclasses which are offered under business or work sponsorship:

  • Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
  • Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186), and
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)

Each of these visa categories have their own criteria to be met. You also need to have a sponsor, as well as have your skills assessed. There is an English Language requirement to be met but in exceptional circumstances you might be exempted.

What does the sponsor need to do?

  1. Gather all the necessary documents
  2. Lodge the sponsorship application
  3. Lodge the nomination application
  4. Wait for and receive the outcome of the application

What does the applicant need to do?

  1. Gather all the necessary documents including a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) given to your sponsor
  2. Make your application
  3. Wait for the decision and provide further documentation if requested


There are different subclasses and visa streams for sponsorship and the fees can vary significantly. So it is best to check the costs with your migration agent.