It is always easier to complete a short assessment form for quick feedback.

Depending on your circumstances, different sponsorship options may be available. Currently there are three main visa subclasses which are offered under business or work sponsorship:

  • Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
  • Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186), and
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)

Each of these visa categories have their own criteria to be met. You also need to have a sponsor, and have your skills assessed. There is an English Language requirement to be met but in exceptional circumstances you might be exempted.


Sponsorship category visas usually have a few stages. You need to make sure your sponsor meets the special requirements, then you will go through skill assessment. In the third phase, you apply for nomination. Nomination simply means that your sponsor nominates you for a certain position. Once nomination application is successful, finally you can apply for the visa application. There are some differences between various sponsorship subclasses but the above process is quite similar in all of them.

In summary, you need to:

  • Gather all the necessary documents (ID documents, translations, English test requirement, employment related documents, educational qualifications, etc.)
  • Get your qualifications and work experience assessed
  • Lodge the business sponsorship application where necessary
  • Lodge the nomination application
  • If nomination is successful, you lodge your visa application


  • Government fees and charges: Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website to calculate your application charges as they change every year.
  • Alternatively, you can go to “Useful Links” and then “Fees and Charges” on our website to get an idea of the government charges for your visa application.
  • Professional fees: There is no set fee for lawyers or migration agents. They may charge you hourly or a lump sum. It also depends on the number of applicants and whether they need to have their skills assessed or not. The best way is to contact lawyers or migration agents individually and ask for a detailed information.


13 000 VAKIL | 13-000-82545 | info@visavisa.com.au | 0422 435 375 | 28A Church Street Ryde NSW 2112